This black bean banana mash recipe is one of the most versatile all-around baby food purees. Not only is it a no-cook puree that can be prepared in under 2 minutes, but it is also a protein-packed meal perfect for on-the-go and is super easy to prepare when traveling away from home. Additionally, this meal is packed with folate, protein, thiamin, manganese, copper, magnesium, phosphorous, iron, zinc, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, and good carbohydrates for energy. Tasty, healthy and versatile – what could be better?
Black Bean Banana Mash also makes a great dip or spread for toddlers and big kids, serve with some toasted pita bread or baked tortilla chips for a yummy after school snack!
Black Bean Banana Mash Stage Two Baby Food Recipe
- 1 Large Banana
- 1 Can Pre-Cooked Black Beans
Pour black beans into a large strainer and rinse under cold running water to remove liquid and excess sodium.
Put the black beans and banana into your Sage Baby Puree & Blend food processor. Add a little water, breast milk or formula to help achieve a smoother consistency.
Blend until mushy mash consistency is achieved and serve or store.
Black Bean Banana Mash will stay fresh in your Sage Jars, Tough Glass Jars or Sage Squeezies for up to 3 days in the fridge and 3 days in the freezer.
- When stored in your Sage Spoonfuls jars or Sage Squeezie, Black Bean Banana Mash can be stored for up to 3 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- This recipe is suitable for babies 7 months and up.
- Make sure the consistency is one your baby can handle.
- Used in this recipe: Sage Baby Puree & Blend and Mini Storage pack