This chicken noodle soup is absolutely delicious and fairly quick to put together, especially when using a precooked rotisserie chicken from your local market. This recipe is one that can feed the whole family.
For babies 7+ months and toddlers, use your Sage Baby Puree & Blend immersion blender and give their
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 2-3 large carrots washed, peeled and chopped
- 3 large celery stalks rough tips and ends cut off
- 1 whole bay leaf fresh or dry
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme rinsed
- 3 leaves fresh mint rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley rinsed
- 8 cups low sodium chicken stock I like Pacific brand
- 1/4-1/2 package egg noodles
- 1 medium vine tomato washed and chopped
- 2-3 cups chopped roast chicken To save time, buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from your local market.
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt plus more, to taste
Pour the olive oil into a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrot, and celery. Cook for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the bay leaf, thyme, mint, and parsley. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add the chicken stock, tomato, noodles, and salt to the pot and bring to a boil.
Let boil for 1 minute then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the chicken and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
Before serving, remove thyme sprigs and bay leaf.
Serve and enjoy!
Leftovers will stay fresh in your Tough Glass Bowls for up to 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.