Roasted Pumpkin Seed Butter
This Roasted Pumpkin Seed Butter recipe is so delicious and can be used just like peanut butter.
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, allergies to pumpkin seeds are rare, making this a great option for kids with nut allergies.
A Pumpkin Seed Butter and Jelly sandwich or celery sticks filled with pumpkin seed butter are fun for school lunches and after-school snacks.
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe
- 1.5 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp water
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
Spread the pumpkin seeds onto the baking sheet in one layer. Place the baking sheet into the oven on the center rack and roast for about 10 minutes, until the seeds are lightly brown.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and pour the seeds into your Sage Baby Puree & Blend food processor. Blend the seeds until they become a coarse, powdery consistency.
Add the maple syrup, honey or agave. Add the salt, cinnamon, oil, and water. Blend until smooth.
Roasted pumpkin seed butter can be stored in your Sage Spoonfuls jars for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- This recipe is suitable for babies 12 months and up, toddlers, big kids, and adults.
- Always make sure food is a consistency your baby can handle.