Vegan Banana Bread
This one bowl vegan banana bread recipe is the most delicious you’ll ever have! It’s moist, yummy and packed with goodness. So much better than store bought and super easy to make. Great for breakfast, school lunchbox or an after-school snack.
- 3 bananas large, very ripe
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup coconut milk unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract alcohol free
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats avoid quick cooking
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder aluminum free
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1.5 cups unbleached all purpose flour can also use whole grain or spelt flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. I like organic coconut oil spray.
Mash the bananas in a large bowl with the back of a fork.
Add the ground flax seeds, milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla to the bowl and mix well to incorporate.
Add the sugar, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, flour, and walnuts (if using) to the bowl and mix well to incorporate.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan evenly. Add toppings like non-dairy chocolate chips or walnuts, if desired.
Place the loaf pan into the oven on the center rack and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
Slice and enjoy!
- Suitable for babies 9+ months (without nuts)
- Will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.