I played around with Dutch Apple Pancake recipes for weeks and just wasn’t happy with the results, until now. This Dutch Apple Pancake is super moist, airy, fluffy and just the right amount of sweetness. I especially love that it’s such a great recipe for the whole family. Being able to make one thing that works for everyone, is such a lifesaver.
Dutch Apple Pancake
- 1/2 stick melted unsalted butter dairy or vegan butter
- 1 granny smith apple thinly sliced. You can also use a ripe Bartlett pear.
- 3 tbsp unbleached cane sugar can also use coconut palm sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk dairy or non-dairy
- 1 tsp vanilla extract alcohol free
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 1 tbsp butter to coat skillet
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Put the eggs, milk, butter, flour, sugar, and vanilla into a blender. Blend until incorporated.
Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place the apple slices into the skillet. Pour the batter over the apple mixture.
Remove from the oven, dust with powdered sugar and serve with berries and maple syrup.
Place the skillet into the oven on the center rack and bake for 35 minutes until golden and center is firm.
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Suitable for babies 12+ months and up.
- Always make sure the temperature is safe for your child.
- Always make sure the pieces of food are an appropriate size for your child.
- Never leave children unattended while eating.