This Linzer Tart Cookie recipe is sweet and the perfect treat for Valentines Day.
Linzer Tart Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups softened unsalted butter dairy or vegan
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar or organic cane sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup ground almonds (substitute sunflower seeds for nut allergy) can grind in your Sage Baby Puree & Blend food processor
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp low sugar raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup powered sugar for decorating
Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper.
Beat softened butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add in the flour, ground almonds and cinnamon. Mix until incorporated and doughy.
For the dough into a ball and divide it in half. Wrap both halves in plastic wrap and place into the fridge for an hour.
Lightly flour your work surface and roll out 1/2 of the dough until it’s about 1/8″ thick. Using a 2.5″ round or heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many cookies as you can. Should be about 12.
Place the cookies on the baking sheet with about 1″ space in between each.
Roll out the remaining cookie dough and repeat the cookie cutting process. This time, use a smaller round or heart-shaped cookie cutter and cut out the center of each cookie. Place onto second baking sheet.
Place both baking sheets in the oven on the center rack, if possible, and bake for 10-15 minutes until light brown. Remove from oven and cool for 15-20 minutes.
Spread a little jam on the bottom cookie and top with the cutout cookie. Dust with the powdered sugar before serving.
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Suitable for babies 12+ months
- Always make sure food pieces are one your child can handle and never leave child unattended while eating.