Lima beans get a bad rap, but this mix with carrots and zucchini is a creamy, nutrient rich, meal that may just change your mind about Lima Beans.
Carrot, Zucchini and Lima Beans
- 1/2 cup lima beans I like to use frozen organic limas
- 1 medium zucchini Washed and chopped. You don’t need to peel if organic
- 3 medium carrots Washed, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese optional
Pour water into a pot until it’s about 1″ deep and bring to a boil over high heat.
Place the carrots, lima beans and zucchini into your Sage baby Eco-Steamer and place the steamer basket into the pot. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
Put the carrots, lima beans and zucchini into a mixing bowl and blend until a mushy mash consistency is achieved. Add a little cooking water to thin the mixer while blending if necessary.
Serve or store.
This meal will stay fresh in your Big Batch storage set, Sage Squeezies or Tough Glass Jars for up to 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
- For babies 7 months and up.
- A mushy mash consistency is thicker than a totally smooth Stage 1 puree and has some lumps, although make sure they are soft. This will help your baby learn to gum food.
- Always make sure your baby’s food is a consistency he can handle.
- Used in this recipe: Sage Baby Puree & Blend, Sage Baby Eco-Steamer, Big Batch Storage Set, Tough Glass Jars