Sweet potato, pear, and red bell pepper together in a baby food recipe? Yup! As weird as it sounds, it’s also delish and an awesome way to get a seriously nutritious raw fruit and veggie into baby’s diet.
Sweet Potato, Pear and Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 sweet potato washed, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper washed, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 ripe bartlett pear washed and chopped, no need to peel if organic
Pour water into a pot until it's about an inch deep and bring to a boil over high heat.
Place the chopped sweet potato into your Sage Baby Eco-Steamer basket and put the basket into the pot. Cover and steam for 10-12 minutes, until sweet potato is tender all the way through.
Place the cooked sweet potato, pear and bell pepper into your Sage Baby Puree & Blend food processor.
Blend until desired consistency is achieved. For stage 2, this is usually a mushy mash.
Serve or store. This meal will stay fresh in your Sage Jars or Squeezies for up to 3 days in the fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
- Suitable for babies 7+ months.
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Mushy Mash consistency is thicker and lumpier than a completely smooth stage 1 puree. Lumps must be soft though, helps baby learn how to gum food without posing a choking hazard.
- Used in this recipe: Sage Baby Puree & Blend, Sage Baby Eco-Steamer, Tough Glass Tubs